About Me

My photo
hey bloggers.!(: The name's jocelyn. Ummmm, i dont know wat else to say soooo...Read my blog.! You might find some interesting stuff. :D P.S. Followw mee.?((:

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do you relate to your main character? How and why?

I'm somewhere stuck in the middle because theres different qualities that we each have. I don't think that i relate to my main character because my main character Jack is the type of person who has a hard time choosing and often doesn't know what he is doing. He's also the type of person that likes to drink and do drugs. I on the other hand really don't want to do that, i'm 100% against that. On the other hand, Jack and I both like to read and write. His passion is writing and wants to pursue that as a career but he doesn't want his friends to know and anyways, all of the beer he drinks and drugs he does gets in the way. "My secret journal was an old hardback copy of The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky, in which i spent hours writing in a tiny script between the tightly printed lines." (Gantos, 8) He's also the type of person that goes under peer presure very often. Most of the time that he drinks and does drugs is because his friends convince him to do it. I'm not like that because if theres something that my friends are doing and i don't want to, then i won't follow them and just go the other way.

1 comment:

  1. Very wise and insightful thinking about Jack. I have to say, I'm surprised that you're reading this book, but I found out that there is something about reading a book with a main character who is totally different from you. I, too, have enjoyed books where the main character does stuff I would NEVER do. Thank you for your honesty and insightfulness. I really enjoyed reading about your connection to Jack...also, if you want to keep in touch during the summer, check out my blog at princessleiasgalaxy.blogspot.com (or email me, I'll be checking during the summer).

    ReplyDelete